Exhilarating. Thought-provoking. Fun. Global Volunteers penetrates the Cuban mystique and weaves an intriguing tapestry of service and culture. Every day meeting and working with the Cuban people was better than the day before! Maria Micale, 2012 Global Volunteer
Call 800-487-1074 for program details.
What a wonderful time we had in Cuba. I'm convinced that the only way to really learn about Cuba, the old and the new, is through Global Volunteers. For Shirley and me, it was the trip of a lifetime.Jim Herman, 2013 participant
Travel to Cuba is highly limited; only Global Volunteers currently schedules volunteer programs under 2015 U.S. licensing. You can rely on Global Volunteers' high standards for service and in-country cultural immersion. Serve with family and friends (minimum age 15) and share unprecedented first-hand access to learning opportunities in a wide variety of settings. All Global Volunteers Service Programs are tax-deductible for U.S. citizens.
With the slow but certain expansion of travel to Cuba, opportunities for Americans seem now to abound. But not all programs are fundamentally educational, cultural, people-to-people exchange as opposed to facades for tourism. Because Global Volunteers has a tradition steeped in SERVICE the balance is set exactly right. While the thinly disguised tour companies wander thru the maze of setting up visits to things truly cultural and involved with the people (resulting in disjointed trips and unnecessary expenses ) Global Volunteers uses its years of experience in genuine service to create a memorable experience of genuine interaction with the people of this enchanting island. The price is actually less than similar trips booked by tour operators yet the accommodations and meals were excellent.Joseph Steffen Jr., 2013 participant
An Exceptional People-to-People Program!
- Work with "ordinary" Cubans. Engage students, educators,farmers, artists, and religious leaders in service and discussions on U.S. and Cuban culture, traditions, and history.
- Share ideas, values and life stories. Education, sports, economics, music, theater, health care systems, history and business are all potential topics during work on community volunteer projects.
- Discover Cubans' interests. Local people are well-versed in current affairs, and eager to engage in personal discussions.
- Learn about Cuban community theater, art and music. Visit Teatro D' Morón to participate in theatrical performances and to talk with artists.
- Explore Cuban national and regional history. Learn about the roots of Cuban culture and traditions at UNESCO World Heritage sites and in community events.
- Experience local living conditions. Become familiar with Cubans' daily activities through daily volunteering and personal visits with community members.
- Discuss U.S. culture, traditions, history, and lifestyles.
Global Volunteers is a private, non-profit organization working at the invitation and under the direction of local leaders worldwide. Since 1984, we've engaged "average" people in direct people-to-people initiatives to cultivate international understanding and respect. You'll benefit from our vast expertise in program management, cultural sensitivity, and global educational exchanges. Be the first in nearly 50 years to serve as a volunteer in Cuba! Learn more here.