Ninety-seven percent of our funding comes from tax-deductible service program fees. This fee is used to support community development projects and the service program overall, including your costs for working on-site while serving as a volunteer. Your service program fee covers:
- Food: All meals - featuring local cuisine, and purified or bottled water.
- Accommodations: Culturally appropriate hotels, guest houses, community centers and private homes, generally double-occupancy. Single rooms are available in some host communities for an additional cost.
- Ground Transportation: Transportation between the scheduled airport of arrival, hotels and the host community.
- Team Leader: Indigenous Global Volunteers staff or volunteer team leaders who have completed intensive training and have been selected for their management skills, cultural sensitivity and commitment to Global Volunteers' Philosophy of Service. Local consultants and translators in many host communities assist the team when needed.
- Project Materials: Resources to complete or sustain community projects on each team. Additional funds are raised for special program requests throughout the year.
- Program Coordination: The costs for project start-up and management, 24-hour emergency phone contact with the home office, staff community visits, orientation materials, volunteer preparation, individual emergency evacuation insurance and supplemental medical insurance for programs outside the USA, international staff training, and host communications.
- Administration: Office overhead and logistical support.