Make the Difference in a Child's Life. An enchanting and picturesque land where past and present rub shoulders, Romania is a nation of medieval cities, painted monasteries and towering mountains. Her people are likewise captivating, having survived a tumultuous history and a recent revolution with grace and fierce pride.
You're needed now to volunteer in Romania and care for needy and abandoned babies, or teach English to teens in school classrooms. No matter the circumstances of their birth, youth of all ages understand the nurturing touch and kind words of a caring adult. You can contribute to their life-long development! No special skills are required - families and individuals of all ages can contribute to childcare and teaching projects.
We work with local partners to help meet the special needs of at-risk children at the Municipal Hospital “Elena Beldiman”, Children’s Department and to teach conversational English through Vaslui Department of Education. Work one-on-one with playful kids and serve as a resource for English lessons in classrooms and small groups.
essential services to children in these ways:
- nurturing and stimulating under-developed and disabled children
- helping establish and maintain community gardens
- demonstrating effective hand washing
- teaching English to elementary and middle school students
- promoting girls' education
- maintaining and repairing living facilities for disabled youth